Notifications
Clear all

What fuses to use in my 100 watt Jackson JG-3

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kingston)
Topic starter  

I have a great sounding Jackson JG-3 amp made by Laney. I remember hearing this amp played by Brad W. from Areosmith.I fell in love with the sound. I finally aquired one 3 years ago! Now a rival guitarist in my town found a way to sabotage my amp. He removed the fuses(2) took them and left only the fuse caps on top of my amp. My problem aside from wanting to kick his @#$! is I do not know what fuses it used. It has an AC fuse & a DC fuse as well. This is a rare amp and no one seems to know what fuses i should use in it.I have been trying to contact the guy who recently bought Brads amp named (ACTION JACKSON) off EBAY I do not want to guess and screw this amp. Please help!!!! I have to play this amp again.

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Wow, there are no schematics for that amp out there. Laney says for the 100 Watter, if you are using 100 - 130 AC volts power (North America), your AC fuse is 5 amp time delay or slo-blo. If you use 210 - 240 volts (UK - Europe) use a 2 amp time delay or slo-blo. Okay, that takes care of your AC supply and will power up the amp or turn its light on. :idea:

On the DC or post-transformer side, it is simply a 1 amp time delay, or slo-blo again. I think that will apply to your amp.

http://www.laney.co.uk/manuals/AOR50H-100H%20Manual%20-%201989%20-%20Issue%201.pdf

Here, you can get them from Allparts (in small quantities) - also Digi-Key BTW, cheaper but for a hundred-year supply. 8)
http://www.allparts.com/4-Amp-Slo-Blo-Fuses-p/ep-0807-000.htm

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@kingston)
Topic starter  

Hi Rasta......no problem! OK, assuming you have the 100 watt head. Use a T5 amp for the power fuse (I am also assuming you are on 110 - 120 volts?) If not and you are using the amp on a step-up transformer for 230 - 240 volts then the fuse would be T3 amp.

However and in both cases the HT fuse would be T1 amp.

Hope this helps you?

Kind regards, John.

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Any news?

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote