Notifications
Clear all

Which inexpensive PA system?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gr8tlakes)
Topic starter  

I am trying to decide between the Audiochoice C100, the Kustom KPA4, and the Squier 4 channel models. Musiciansfriend sells them for between 160 and 300 bucks. The system will be in my basement and occasionally used in the back yard.,with a couple acoustic guitars and mics. I would love to hear opinions on which unit is better.
Thanks

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I would go with the Kustom of those 3 systems. I have used Kustom PAs before, and they are really quite good.

For an acoustic group 80 watts should be enough power.

I can't see the $300 for the Squier. It is slightly more powerful, but costs twice as much.

If you were willing to spend a little more you can piece together a nice powerful PA.

Behringer PMH660M Powered Mixer

Now you are talking 600 watts. Lots more power. More inputs and effects as well.

Kustom KSC15 15" PA Speakers

You will get much richer sound through 15" speakers. If you know a bass player, they will sound great through 15"s.

Behringer XM8500 Microphone

This is probably the best $20 microphone in the world. People compare it to the most popular of all mics, the Shure SM58 for 1/5 the price.

These are just suggestions. But if you are willing to spend $300, spend $100 more and get a much more powerful, better sounding system. You would be able to gig with this.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@gr8tlakes)
Topic starter  

In case anyone follows up with this...I did get to the Kustom PA. After a couple weeks, it has been been flawless and no regrets. Wes. Thanks for the advice. I got the mic you suggested and they are great as well.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Gr8tlakes

Good for you. Glad to hear the system is working well.

There is a little club in my town. They have a small Kustom house PA. I forget the model but it has 6 mic inputs, bass, treble and reverb. They also have two Kustom 15" speakers permanently attached to the wall. When my band played there we set up our own PA, but I have played with others a few times and used the house PA. I was surprised with the quality of the sound from an inexpensive system. Kustom is pretty good.

Let us know how it performs at a gig.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote