Notifications
Clear all

Another newbie

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@paisleypink)
Topic starter

Hi I have just found this site and its good to find other girls who love the guitar. I am from near Berkshire England and have beed a serious classical musician all my life ........ till I found the guitar. I'm a very late starter I know and it helps that I can read music and understand harmony but it's still v. tricky and I spend far too much time with my pink paisley tele. I never even considered that I'd be able to play any of those riffs ........ I have been learning for about 8 months so far and am just beginning to get somewhere but its going to take me forever to be any good - but hey why not, Ive only got one life.

Posted : 06/08/2006 7:32 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Hi paisleypink and welcome to GN.

I'm just down the road in sunny Hampshire. :)

Look forward to seeing you round the boards.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 06/08/2006 8:06 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! :D

Paisley Pink Tele's are cool! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/08/2006 8:10 pm
(@shygirl)

Welcome, I'm new too, and I know it is fun to get responses, so I thought I would send you a note. I'm a newbie to the site as well, and think its pretty cool to talk with other musicians. I have been a closet "musician" for so many years, picking it up for awhile, and then life happens, and I go for years without playing. But I've always wanted to play guitar and sing. I just don't have much confidence, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, never thinking that I'm "good enough." Turning 50 this year, I bought myself a nice acoustic and hope to really start playing. Life is too short! I took lessons for a year about 2-3 years ago, but had to quit as I returned to school. Now I have time to play, I just don't really know where to go with it. Well, hope you write back!

Posted : 06/08/2006 8:25 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Welcome both of you ladies to the best Guitar Forum in the world. The people here simply ROCK!!

Stick with it y'all.. and enjoy GN. There's a ton of great, wise info here.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 06/08/2006 8:36 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Paisleypink! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out "The Other Side"! There are lots of interesting threads by and for women who play guitar!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/08/2006 8:57 pm
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

just beginning to get somewhere but its going to take me forever to be any good
Welcome. Stick around here and forever won't seem as long as you think.

Mike

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

Posted : 07/08/2006 5:11 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@paisleypink)
Topic starter

What a friendly bunch of people. The more I find out about guitarists the more I like them - my life as an orchestral musician (I am an oboist really) is not nearly as welcoming. It is very easy to become completely hooked on this guitar stuff

Posted : 07/08/2006 8:46 pm
(@philippa)

I'm glad i decided to join too- it's wonderful! And i love your electric guitar too. And i think my dad is also becoming quite enamoured... Well, maybe i wouldn't go that far- but he seems interested anyway. The scale and arpeggio are very difficult but i will get there! Tell me when you want your guitar back, and i will pop over with it. See you soon

Posted : 14/08/2006 9:41 pm