Notifications
Clear all

Another newbie

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@eak000)
Topic starter

I tend to want to stay in the woodwork, but I guess I should introduce myself here. I just started taking guitar lessons about 5 months ago. My 9yr old son wanted lessons, and I've always wanted to learn too, so we started taking lessons together. We've since split our lessons into separate ones as he wants to learn Black Sabbath and Judas Priest and while I have nothing against that, my tastes run more towards blues and Americana these days. Besides, I suck at power chords! I'm coming to guitar late at 43, but it's never too late, right?? I hope!

I have a cheapie Squire Strat that I play mostly, along with an old Yamaha acoustic that I've been lugging around for 25 years. I find it really large and awkward though, so while I do practice with it, I mostly play the Squire. I hope to play the acoustic more and more.

This seems like a great forum and resource and I look forward to participating here!
Emily

Posted : 16/06/2009 11:05 pm
(@fretwork23)

How are you liking the squier strat, I'm guessing its the SE that I have, I'm very satisfied with it. Welcome!

Posted : 17/06/2009 12:38 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN Emily! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/06/2009 1:18 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 17/06/2009 9:16 am
(@baldgit)
Trusted Member

Welcome!...I think it great that you are learning with your son....Good Luck!.....Dan

MY Soundclick Page http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=908015&content=music

Posted : 17/06/2009 9:42 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Emily! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our womens forum, "The Other Side"!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/06/2009 2:56 pm
(@eak000)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome! I can already tell this forum is a wealth of information! I'm looking forward to really digging in! I will definitely check out the women's forum, Electrablue! Where in Texas are you? I grew up in Dallas, went to school in both Austin and Denton. My roots are there, but I haven't been back in over 15 years. One of these days...

fretwork23: I'm pretty happy with the Squire...certainly for the price. It works!
Thanks again for the welcome!

Posted : 17/06/2009 3:55 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/06/2009 6:34 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I will definitely check out the women's forum, Electrablue! Where in Texas are you? I grew up in Dallas, went to school in both Austin and Denton. My roots are there, but I haven't been back in over 15 years. One of these days...

I'm in Weatherford now, about 30 miles west of Fort Worth (but I was in Dallas yesterday!) I grew up in Fort Worth, then spent my "formative" years in Austin! I went to school in Austin, too! Great city! It's really changed a lot ... it's even better now!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/06/2009 1:47 pm