Back again

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@fingerbanger)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone,
it's been a while but it's always good to get back with fellow musicians.
If you want to be a road musician, be carefull what you wish for. You just might get it.
I'm glad to see Corbind is still here. How are you doing Corbind?
Anyway, it's good to be back.
Fingerbanger

Let that boy boogie woogie, cuz' it in em' and it got to come out. -John Lee Hooker-
There is no substitute for experience. So get out there and break some strings on stage. -F.B.-

Posted : 13/06/2008 12:25 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Good to see you back!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 13/06/2008 1:10 am
(@fingerbanger)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Derekslide & Musenfreund,
Thanks for the welcome back!
Derekslide, at the risk of trying to remain anonamous, my residense is in northeast Michigan (when I'm not on the road) in a small town called Rogers City, on the shore of beautifull crystal clear Lake Huron.
I know this has nothing to do with guitar playing but there are a few famous guitar players up here that hang out in the summer.
While I was on the road, I went to a garage sale and I found a National, six string lap steel guitar. Circa 1948. Does anyone know anything about these things ( parts etc.). Any response will be greatly appreciated.
It has the loudest pickup I ever heard in my life!!! WOW!

Let that boy boogie woogie, cuz' it in em' and it got to come out. -John Lee Hooker-
There is no substitute for experience. So get out there and break some strings on stage. -F.B.-

Posted : 13/06/2008 2:41 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back. :D

I lived around Detroit for awhile in the early 80's, and have visited your neck of the woods. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/06/2008 7:01 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome back. :mrgreen:

#4491....

Posted : 14/06/2008 7:11 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey Fingerbanger, good to see you again! I think you were one of the first people who replied to one of my questions when I joined GN!
If you want to be a road musician, be carefull what you wish for. You just might get it.

I'll settle for "musician"........

BTW, do you know Alan Green uses a quote from you in his signature? "Be good at what you can do" or something like that... anyway, welcome back to the asylum!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/06/2008 10:07 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome Back to the musical family.

Posted : 14/06/2008 10:24 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Welcome Back

Posted : 15/06/2008 1:44 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Good to see you! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/06/2008 2:59 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Welcome back,

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 17/06/2008 8:37 am