Clear all

Bancroft Hello

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@bold_as_love)
Topic starter

Hello to everyone
I just joined the forum and im really excited. I am a guitarist in the Bancroft, Ontario area (3 hours north of Toronto). I have been playing for 2-3 years and I have my own band. (3 demo tracks available if you're interested). We play Hendrix and Floyd style rock and blues. We also play originals as well as some traditional blues. My main guitars are 2 Fender Stratocasters, one with a left-handed neck, both with rosewood fretboards. Both have custom wound single-coils by Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe Guitars.com. I also have an Epiphone '58 Korina Flying V Reissue with Seymour Duncan '59s in it. I also have an Epiphone J-45 acoustic. My main amp is a 1985 Marshall JCM 800 (the original design with 3 caps) 100W head running 6550 tubes. I run it through a custom made 2/12 cab with vintage JBL (E-120, K-120) speakers. I also have a late 80's Fender 'Evil' Red Knob Twin that I am looking to sell. ($650) I have updated the speakers with very rare 50 watt Celestions that I got out of a '71 Twin Reverb. I really like pedals (I'm a big Hendrix and Gilmour fan) and my board is growing every day. I currently run my guitar into a Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe>1980 Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer>Vox Wah>Fulltone '69>2007 Custom B.K. Butler Tube Driver>Boss DD-6 Digital Delay>Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb> Marshall. Really happy to be on the forums. Talk to you guys soon

Posted : 13/03/2007 6:23 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! Sounds like some nice gear you've got there. 8) How about posting some songs in the "Hear Here" forum for everyone to .... hear? :wink: :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/03/2007 6:36 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, bal.

Post some pix if your gear and your band. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 13/03/2007 6:38 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi bold_as_love. Welcome to GN.

Posted : 13/03/2007 8:46 pm
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome to our magical community....yes post some pics/sounds 8)

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 13/03/2007 9:44 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Welcome bal! That's a beautiful part of the world you live in. I'm about 3 hours south. :wink:

Don

Posted : 13/03/2007 10:45 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Bold_As_Love! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/03/2007 11:06 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 15/03/2007 10:17 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN.

Sounds like you have achieved a lot in the relatively short time you have been playing.

+1 for pics of gear and band. Would love to hear some of your tracks in the hear here section as well.

Looking forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 17/03/2007 8:00 am