Notifications
Clear all

Fruitbat Flying in

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fruitbat)
Topic starter

Hey everyone, I just signed up to the boards to learn some more about guitar playing. Actually, learning from the beginning. Unfortunately, the only thing I can play is video games and I have never really had the opportunity to play guitar until now at the age of 30. So I have just taken the plunge.

I picked up a Yamaha guitar yesterday - can't remember the model number now but it had some good reviews online and I'm looking for some English places to hang out and learn guitar stuff because I live in Tokyo and finding good places to learn from only really comes from the net(books in Japanese are hard work). So here I am!

Look forward to chat to y'all!

Posted : 25/05/2010 1:10 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

That was a unique intro. You'll be writing songs, right? :wink: Welcome. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 25/05/2010 9:06 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hey fruitbat. How's the new Yamaha and the lessons working out? Got sore fingers yet? :wink:

P.S. What kind of music do you like in Tokyo - are there many other players, or too little time?

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:11 pm
(@fruitbat)
Topic starter

Hey Blue Jay, thanks for the warm welcome.

Sorry about the initial post, was writing that on the subway - reading it back it was kinda odd!

Well, I have had the guitar a week and I have found some good lessons from around the net, so I have been putting in an hour or two every day, so now my fingers are hurting, but I can feel that it's getting better the more I play.

As for music, I guess I like that old bluesy rock from way back when, the guitar seems to feel a bit of soul when I hear that music being played, so I guess I'm going to look into learning that style in the future.

Posted : 01/06/2010 2:00 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

That sounds good. Glad your doing well a week in. Bluesies are fun to play - you can on & on, improvise all you want. :D

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 02/06/2010 12:44 am