Notifications
Clear all

Greetings All

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@johnryan)
Topic starter

Hi, I'm John Ryan from Oak Park, IL, USA. 49 years old. Been toying with the idea of learning the guitar for most of my adult life. No prior musical experience. Played Guitar Hero about six months ago, had a blast, and said screw this, I'm getting a real guitar.

Bought an electric four months ago and started taking lessons. Dropped the lessons a month ago and have been continuing on my own since. Struggling mightily with changing chords. If nothing else I now have a much greater appreciation of anyone who can play guitar.

Which will happen next: Cubs win the World Series or I learn to play guitar? Looking forward to tips and encouragement on the forum. (I've been lurking for some time now.) Maybe I'll be able to contribute some day!

John

Posted : 04/10/2008 4:46 pm
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

Hey man!

I'm experienced but only half your age! I will gladly assist you with anything you need in order to get going, and I'm positive the rest of the board feel the same way.

And it always puts a smile to my face when 1, someone goes for their dream at any age, and 2, people actually play guitar instead of Guitar Hero.

Posted : 04/10/2008 5:32 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, John! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/10/2008 7:12 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

, John.

You've found a great forum with this one.

~Ron~

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 05/10/2008 12:30 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/10/2008 1:01 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 10/11/2008 8:19 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome aboard, John

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/11/2008 12:39 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Welcome, John. Nah! Stick with it. Besides...what else you got to do, anyway???

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 11/11/2008 5:25 am