Notifications
Clear all

Greetings and exploring the forums

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@redshark92)
Topic starter

I've poked around this site off and on over the last couple years, mostly looking at the various lesson documents.

I have participated in other guitar related forums before - recently feeling like I've hit a plateau in my playing so I'm checking out other places to see what kind of info or tips or inspiration I can find.

Basic bio-type info: I'm 38, started playing as an adult, in my mid-20s. Right now, playing off and on with one group, but even when it's "on" it's fairly casual - and I'm thinking I'd like to push into something a little less so.

For gear, I seem to have ended up being a Fender geek, though not on purpose.

My electric guitars are an 88 MIJ Standard Strat (w/ hardtail) and a Blacktop Telecaster. I've also got a basic acoustic (Walden) and a Squier Jazz Bass for the times I feel like hitting the low-end. Running these through a Fender Princeton Chorus, 96-Twin and Rumble 60, respectively with an assortment of pedals for extra fun.

For playing, I like a pretty wide variety. Lot of Blues and Rock, and I occasionally will even sing, though I need to work on that, too.

Off to explore a bit more of the forum. I'll check back in here later.

Posted : 24/06/2013 7:28 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Please don't bite anyone. We don't have insurance for that. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 26/06/2013 3:13 am