Clear all

Greetings from a folkie

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@wobblies)
Topic starter

Hi all,

My name's Jacob Ehrlich. I'm a 15-year-old aspiring musician and songwriter, hoping someday to pursue a career in ethnomusicology. Guitar's my primary instrument, but I'm also proficient in banjo, organ, drums -- whatever needs to be played, I guess. If you didn't pick up on it, I'm very big into folk and blues music, and all of their derivatives. My favorite musicians include Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Lead Belly and The Band.

Anyway, I'll be posting some songs on here for your reading (and perhaps listening) and critique. I'm planning on recording an EP or album shortly enough once I get all my songs squared away.

regards,
jacob ehrlich

Posted : 22/05/2009 11:34 am
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 22/05/2009 11:51 am
(@stargazer)
Eminent Member

Hi Jacob! Welcome to GN! I'm pretty new here myself and am still exploring all the nooks and crannies of the site. But the natives seem friendly; they make all the right noises and they don't bite...much. :D

Posted : 22/05/2009 12:00 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise!! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/05/2009 1:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Jacob! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/05/2009 3:50 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

15??? And you actually LIKE that stuff??? I'm chuffed. So I kin see yer 'rents were hippies...thank goodness!!!

Yeah...welcome!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 24/05/2009 12:02 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

15??? And you actually LIKE that stuff??? I'm chuffed. So I kin see yer 'rents were hippies...thank goodness!!!

Yeah...welcome!

Cat

Yes, I can't think of too many 15 year olds who even know who Tom Waits or The Band or Leadbelly are! I'll give Dylan the benefit of the doubt because of his son, Jakob (of The Wallflowers). Good taste, young man! And, if you keep your eyes open or go through some of the old archives, you'll probably gain a whole new knowledge base about music in that era (an era I am proud to have been a part of!). Or just ask questions. There are enough of us "old hippies" around here that would be more than happy to introduce you to some more music.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 24/05/2009 2:11 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Ditto!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 25/05/2009 3:58 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

What Cat said...

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 26/05/2009 3:50 pm
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Welcome! I'm pleased to hear you like the music you like, so maybe there's a collaboration on in the future, if you'd be up for it. I'll be looking out for your posts.

Take care,

Casey

Posted : 29/05/2009 6:51 am