Clear all

Greetings from another newbie!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@plastic-dwarf)
Topic starter

Hi,
My name is Dean and I've been playing guitar for maybe 5 or 6 months now. My dad uses this site sometimes and showed it to me a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I found all the lessons on here, now if only I will read them all!
I'm mostly into alternative/punk/pop-punk music (what can I say, I'm a teenager...) but I started playing guitar because my dad has played for a LONG time. Thanks to him I'm also kinda interested in blues.
(Until he starts playing muddy waters with his speakers all the way up!)

Some of my influences in guitar would be: my father, Jon Siebels and Max Collins (from the band Eve 6), Johnny Rzeznick, Modest Mouse, Blink-182, Frank Iero (MCR), and such.
Right now I only have an acoustic Mitchell but sometime soon I'd let to foray into electric guitars and basses (when finances allow it). Also just to throw it in I write a lot of poetry and lyrics and am a Left-Handed player.

I hope to find help and support with the friendly faces here, thanks!

Posted : 18/11/2007 5:19 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome! You've definately found the right place for friendly and helpful support. See you around the boards :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 18/11/2007 7:00 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Dean! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/11/2007 9:47 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Dean! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 18/11/2007 10:10 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

welcome Dean you and your dad found the right place to get lesons :D

Posted : 19/11/2007 12:51 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 21/11/2007 11:18 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member