Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from Flying V in Colroado

15 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@flying-v)
Topic starter

My name is Richard. Living and working in Summit County, Colorado for the next few montsh.

I play Gibson Flying V, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Thunderbird bass, Gretsch/Dorado twelve-string acoustic and an assortment of beat-up road guitars for hitchhiking adventures.

My website is http://www.oddeyeout.com . Tracks of my past musical projects can be heard there including twelvestring songs, power-trio songs, 1MB music, etc.

I am getting back into electric music again. I miss playing through my 100-watt half-stack. I am going to overhaul all of my left hand vibratos--I basically judge great lead players by their vibrato and tone, not by their speed. I also rate compositional ability very highly.

Anyways, just saying "hello" to everyone. Looks like this is a good site.

Posted : 20/02/2007 12:58 am
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hello Richard. Welcome to GN.

Posted : 20/02/2007 3:07 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Richard! :)

I can not access to some parts of your website, for example, the music archive. :?:

Posted : 20/02/2007 10:59 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome Richard!

I really like the music, Misadventure especially rocks! As you rate it so highly, let me say I think you have great compositional ability - I love the way the songs fill out as they build up, and they change dynamics just the right amount between sections, IMHO. Great job!

Nuno: It's javascript triggered, do you have that turned off? or are you using a minority browser? or a trigger-happy anti-spyware/anti-virus/etc? I found it a little flakey, but then I have to use Firefox at work for non-work things, it's to be expected :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 20/02/2007 11:28 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 20/02/2007 11:39 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. The entire link didn't work for me. :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/02/2007 12:42 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Doh! I knew I forgot to mention something - there's an extra dot after the 'com' that needs removing :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 20/02/2007 1:02 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nuno: It's javascript triggered, do you have that turned off? or are you using a minority browser? or a trigger-happy anti-spyware/anti-virus/etc? I found it a little flakey, but then I have to use Firefox at work for non-work things, it's to be expected :wink:

Thanks! You are right. I use a minority browser: OSX Safari! :?

This morning I was at work where only Safari is installed, now at home I am accesing without problems with Firefox. Safari tries to open the frame but doesn't show the content, however all it's Ok if I open the frame directly, curious.

Richard: Grear job! My favourites: "80 Proof, Crash Landing" (good guitar intro), "Far From the Sun" and, I agree, also "Misadventure".

Posted : 20/02/2007 2:29 pm
(@flying-v)
Topic starter

HEY EVERYONE, THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. I did not think that anyone would be paying attention.

As far as the server troubles are concerned I really am not much of a computer-person. It is all news to me. I usually can access the tunes from where ever I am at but sometimes others cannot, so I really do not have the computer expertise to answer those questions.

Thanks for the feedback on the tunes. They were all recorded on an decrepit 4-track cassette except for "Rosco & Lily" and "Doppelganger" which was digital stuff.

Thanks again.

Posted : 20/02/2007 9:16 pm
(@ririzarry)
Eminent Member

Welcome!

Regards,

Rob

Building the Ergonomic Guitar

Guitar Designs. Ergonomics. Guitar Making.

Posted : 20/02/2007 10:24 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 20/02/2007 10:54 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome Flying V....always associate those guitars with the English 70's rock band Wishbone Ash, there's a signed Flying V behind bullet-proof glass in the Cavern pub in Liverpool - beautiful guitar! Sure I've got a pic somewhere....

I'll check the website out in the Am, so's not to disturb the neighbours.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/02/2007 12:26 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Richard.

See you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 21/02/2007 4:18 pm
(@satchmo)
Trusted Member

greetings flying V,s rock,ala randy rhoades.

Posted : 21/02/2007 8:51 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN!

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 22/02/2007 11:06 pm