Notifications
Clear all

Hello All- Boston Newbie

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mark-g)
Topic starter

Mark Gould here extending a handshake to all my new friends here at Guitar Noise. Actually I live in Lowell, Massachusetts and grew up in Andover, Mass.

I'm total newbie to Guitar playing for 3 months now and so far it is AWESOME. I have learned a lot about the instrument and studying music as well. I wanted my first guitar back in the early 80's but never had the time (EXCUSE) because sports and friends would get in the way.

So here it is 2010 and I not only have my first guitar I also have my second - they are -- Acoustic 6 string Yamaha FX-355 and an Electric Schecter Omen 6.

As like any kid I always played air guitar, drums and wanted to be a doctor or lawyer but, If there was one constant it was music. Music I think is a part everyone's daily life and it touches us in so many different emotions.

My style wants to go southern with the Schecter, similar to Molly Hatchett, Blackfoot and The Outlaws. What I really want to do is learn the music of the band "The Fools" especially the songs off the Heavy Mental Album. I JUST LOVE THE SONGS.

On the Acoustic I will learn to play a softer rock and songs that fit well with a large family gathering ( and we have tons of those) sing a longs. I think you all get it. That's that so I'll see you all soon.

Posted : 05/06/2010 3:58 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Mark! Welcome.

You're in a nice area, I envy you and say the same to anyone from the Northeast all the way down the coast to Virginia. My wife and daughters visit Boston regularly, especially in the summer, for Cape Cod, the ocean, photography and professional sports. My kids could back you up on a twang thang, violin or bass but would rather see the Bo Sox. :?
I never get to go. I guess you'll be the music scene from now on? :D

My 11 year old took these pics, one is Cape cod, the other "The Day Ends" in Rhode Island won her a spot on a Photo site.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 05/06/2010 11:00 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hiya Mark. I'm sure you'll find everything you need right here. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 08/06/2010 3:28 am