Hello from CT

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@chrisc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello everyone,

I'm a 35-year-old beginning guitarist hailing from a suburb outside Hartford, CT, USA. I started getting into music in my late 20's, and I played piano and taiko for a little bit before buying my first guitar, a Yamaha FG700S acoustic. Believe it or not, I almost bought a djembe instead of a guitar -- it was a toss-up between the two, until I went to a superbowl party and picked up one of the host's acoustic guitars. I sat down on his stairs and noodled with it (with what little I knew), and before I knew it six women were hanging out with me. I don't think that would've happened with a hand drum :) True story, but seriously, though, I'd love to learn to play and sing well enough to entertain both me and others.

Well, that's my introduction. I want to say a big HELLO to everyone out there, and I also want to say that this website is amazing and I've learned a lot from it so far. Thank you to all that contribute to it, and I hope to someday give a little back!

Posted : 02/10/2008 11:50 pm
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

Hi and welcome.

Posted : 03/10/2008 3:58 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

JUST what we need...a Connecticutt Yankee named CHRIS! :lol:

Welcome. Matey!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 03/10/2008 7:23 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I sat down on his stairs and noodled with it (with what little I knew), and before I knew it six women were hanging out with me.
Ahhh so
It's the guitar that attracts them . . . you mean I don't have to bother to learn to play the thing?
Oh well, I've been at it a year now, I might as well plod along.

Welcome to GN and that was a nice introduction. Glad to meet you.

KR2 (so it's the guitar that is the babe magnet . . . hmm . . . I wondered why my charm wasn' . . .)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 03/10/2008 11:48 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

There are a few GNers near you - go check out Wes at his next gig. I think the attraction of the guitar by the ladies was part of his plan as well. 8)

Posted : 03/10/2008 12:53 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Some of us get smart and just buy our own guitar. :mrgreen:

Welcome Chris!

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 03/10/2008 1:25 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'm saving that picture/cartoon.

Excellent post UCG. And with wiener characters too. :shock:

You are just too good to be true . . . .
:note2: "and everyone is so in love with you." :note1:

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 03/10/2008 4:50 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/10/2008 1:02 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome .... 35, seems to be a popular age to start. Why did I start so young! DOH! :lol: I was 16 and I thought that was waaaay to late to learn. Shows you what a 16 year old kid knows. Now that I'm almost 48 ...... it seems less important. :roll:

Love the cartoon UCG. My guitar never had that effect by the way, but my wife does do a great job of putting up with it. :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 09/10/2008 5:48 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 10/11/2008 8:02 am