Clear all

Hello from johnnyGizmo

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@johnnygizmo)
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

My name is Johnny Matthews I am from Greenville, IL USA. I am 31 and have been playing guitar for about 20 years.

I started in Elementary School (at the age of 10 or 11, I don't remember which) I took lessons from a great guy name Don Pride at the Portland, Maine Daddy's Junky Music (I love that store) through Jr High and High School .

I went to Greenville College and got a Degree in Music. I studied guitar there and also spent several years in studio recording classes.

Since graduating college (almost 10 years now) I have been playing Acoustic and Electric guitar in the worship band at my church in my new hometown of Greenville, IL.

I have played several guitars over the years, the one I've played most is an Ibanez 540s that I got back around 1991. Which I will hopefully be replacing soon. I've owned a little of everything over the years. I've been running an ART SGX2000 since 1994 which just recently died (which is partly how I found this site) and am now moving to a pedal based solution for my effects. I had an ART X-15 pedal to sell, so in looking for a place to advertise I found this site.

So here I am :)

See you around.
Johnny M

Posted : 08/10/2007 6:38 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Johnny! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/10/2007 6:57 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Johnny M! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/10/2007 10:24 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:36 pm