Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Perry, Ohio

16 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@richb)
Topic starter

I found this site a few weeks back and seem to be frequenting it more than any others I normally use, so I joined up. Good content here. Nice job.

I'm 60 years old and started playing guitar about 3 years ago, yes I was 57. Having a great time, even get to play in a band occasionally. Last week I picked up an Ibanez bass and now having a blast with that.

David Hodge's book is excellent. I've been working on theory all along, but his method of teaching brings things together nicely. I decided to read the entire thing first and now I'm working may way through it with a bass in my hands. I wish I had made progress as quickly with the guitar as I'm making with the bass.

Who knows what will be next, maybe a Zyther?

Rich

Posted : 11/06/2007 7:04 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Rich. :)

There are many members here around your age. Nils and Chris_C are the prominent ones.

Feel free to ask any questions you have on guitar. And most importantly, have lots of fun while playing. That's the key to enjoy your instrument to the max.

Play well and play often.

Rahul

Posted : 11/06/2007 7:33 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN.

Perry, Ohio. Is that where they do a lot of target and competition firearms events?

Good luck with your guitar playing. 3 years is a long time compared to us newbs. I've only been playing a little over 2 years and enjoy what I've learned so far. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 11/06/2007 8:27 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Hi from another Buckeye. :)
Perry is up by the lake past Cleveland, right?
Welcome to GN!

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 11/06/2007 8:38 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Rich! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/06/2007 9:20 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Rich! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

You could choose a zither! (My dad used to have one of those a LONG time ago! If I remember correctly it wasn't that hard to learn!) After taking David's lessons I picked up the mandolin, the bass and the dulcimer! There's no telling where you'll end up after becoming part of GuitarNoise!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 11/06/2007 9:24 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

weclome Rich

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 11/06/2007 9:31 pm
(@richb)
Topic starter

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm not aware of any firearms competition around here, and yes we are about 30mi East of Cleveland on the lake.

Rich

Posted : 11/06/2007 10:57 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Rich. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 12/06/2007 9:20 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Rich! 8)

Posted : 12/06/2007 9:36 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Rich! And yes, old dogs CAN learn new tricks - and although I'm 10 years younger than you, I've learned a LOT from GN in the last three years - a lot of things have clicked into place that I never thought I'd understand! Hope you have the same success!

All the best,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/06/2007 10:32 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I've heard an autoharp is far easier than a zither :D welcome to GN

Posted : 12/06/2007 11:52 pm
(@spleen)

Rich!

Hello from a fellow GN Newbie! (and a fellow Buckeye...although I'm not living there now). Let's see what we can learn together, eh?

Dean J.

The only failure is in no longer trying

Posted : 13/06/2007 4:53 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Rich.

Good to have you aboard.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 13/06/2007 4:40 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 14/06/2007 11:04 pm
Page 1 / 2