Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Tennessee

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pastor_bob)
Topic starter

Hi everyone. I have been referred to this site by a drummer friend who is also on this site. I play both drums and guitar.

I am a pastor who has been playing guitar for the past 11 years. A friend suggested that learning to play an acoustic would be good for working with youth. I found out that I could play a lot of praise music by learning just 3 chords - G, C, and D. That was fine when I was a newbie, but then about 3 years ago, I realized that continuing to play on such a rudimentary level just wasn't enough. I have branched out into the electric realm, and as my chord knowledge has expanded I have learned to play a nice variety of songs in the Classic Rock, and Worship genres (I am self-taught on the guitar). I had thought of myself as mainly a rhythm player, but I am starting to get the bug for learning lead.

My guitar gear has expanded as well (yep, I got GAS :wink:). I have a few guitars - a couple of Strats, an LP, an Ibanez 6 and 12 string, and a Telecaster, as well as a Crate acoustic amp, a couple of solid state amps, and a couple of tube amps. A lot of this happened as I searched for "my" tone.

I am looking forward to being here and learning the best ways to go from where I am, to where I want to go.

Posted : 09/03/2011 3:25 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hey, PB.

Glad you signed up!

Enjoy the forums!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 09/03/2011 1:33 pm
(@pastor_bob)
Topic starter

Thanks Bish, and thanks for recommending this forum. It looks like it will be very comfortable around here.

Posted : 09/03/2011 2:26 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN.
Tennessee! . . . one of my favorite states . . . have a rental in Gatlinburg.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 09/03/2011 8:34 pm
(@pastor_bob)
Topic starter

You can't go wrong with a rental in Gatlinburg, as long as you manage to get some use out of it too. I'll bet you don't have much trouble keeping it rented!

Posted : 10/03/2011 2:22 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Pastor Bob. Welcome to the forum. Nice gear you got there, and good plans to learn lead and get more involved.

If you ever need guest performers, call L'Angelus and catch their show sometime http://www.langelus.info/shows/shows.html at Puckett's in Nashville, or at the arena for the Predator's Game?

All the best, enjoy your music! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 11/03/2011 3:43 pm
(@pastor_bob)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome Blue jay, and thanks for the L'Angelus info. I'm afraid the current Nashville dates didn't work out for me, but maybe another time.

Posted : 16/03/2011 4:04 pm