Hello from Texas

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Greetings from Hempstead.
I recently started visiting GN and was impressed with the generally positive attitude of the community. The lessons and forum discussions have helped me make progress in my knowledge and skills. I registered with hopes of contributing back to this great resource.

Posted : 05/06/2007 7:48 pm
(@kevinbatchelor77)
Trusted Member

welcome

Posted : 05/06/2007 8:45 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, WyleSmyde! Wow! I got to welcome 2 Texans in one day! That's never happened before! :D I also welcomed new member Bungee41 - from Dallas!

There are beginning to be quite a few of us here! :D Isn't Hempstead somewhere near Katy? I'm from the DFW area (Weatherford, to be precise).

We look forward to seeing you around the forums!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 05/06/2007 8:58 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. We get many more in our area and we'll have to talk them Northeasterners to come down and put on a GN jam.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/06/2007 9:40 pm
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks 'kevinbatchelor77'. I really like Arkansas. I'm trying to re-visit the Ozark Highland's Trail as soon as time permits.

'Elecktrablue' / Jim, I too noticed there were quite a few Texans listed. It's a great state. Hempstead is about 20 mi. north of Katy. And yeah, a 'Texas Jam' would be awesome.

Glad to be part of the community

Posted : 05/06/2007 10:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, WyleSmyde!

Should be enough Texans here now for a real kickin' jam - although I'm a Brit, I've been to Texas and LOVED it! Hope to go back one day.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 05/06/2007 10:40 pm
 Boa
(@boa)

Im not new, but been gone for awhile. I'm from San Antonio, but travel Texas much of the time. Dallas - Brownsville to El Paso and Lubbock area. This is great place for answers and good conversation. BTW Vic what happened to twisted fingers and the bunch that used to chat real regular?

Ernie B. AKA Boa

Posted : 06/06/2007 1:05 am
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Welcome to GN, WyleSmyde!

Should be enough Texans here now for a real kickin' jam - although I'm a Brit, I've been to Texas and LOVED it! Hope to go back one day.

Im not new, but been gone for awhile. I'm from San Antonio, but travel Texas much of the time. Dallas - Brownsville to El Paso and Lubbock area. This is great place for answers and good conversation. BTW Vic what happened to twisted fingers and the bunch that used to chat real regular?

Ernie B. AKA Boa

Thanks Vic. I appreciated the advice in many of your posts

Boa, One could spend a week touring Texas and miss a lot. Thanks for the welcome.

Wyle

Posted : 06/06/2007 2:46 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/06/2007 3:52 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi WyleSmyde! :D

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 06/06/2007 10:34 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN WyleSmyde. :D
Enjoy your stay.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 06/06/2007 1:30 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the GN pool :D , WS.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/06/2007 2:23 pm
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Dan, Nuno, UrbanCowgirl, and Bish. I listened in on a recent jam some of you guys put together. It was really good.

I look forward to hearing the one you are organizing, Dan.

... it's great to be here. Now if I could just settle on an Avatar.

:)

Posted : 06/06/2007 6:22 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

BTW Vic what happened to twisted fingers and the bunch that used to chat real regular?

I dunno - people sort of drift away, find new interests, etc. I don't go on MSN too much these days - I find it very counter-productive. I can spend HOURS yakking away on there while I should be writing/playing/practising/recording etc.

I have spoken to Twisted Fingers fairly recently - he's alive and well and living in Illinois.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/06/2007 7:09 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Wyle.

I also like Texas. Shawn Micheals is from San Antonio and Steve Austin made 'Texas Rattlesnake' famous in the WWF. Eddie Guerrero (who is now dead :() is from El Paso, Texas.

As for your avatar, I think 'Wyle Coyote' should be the best one. :wink:

Rahul

Posted : 06/06/2007 7:11 pm
Page 1 / 2