Clear all

Hello from WA

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarded1962)
Topic starter

Hi all -

Love guitarnoise - the lessons are really great. I hope we'll see more in the intermediate range. I'm 44 years old, and have been playing since I had to take a music credit in high school in New Orleans. (Thank the guitar gods for that) My two main guitars are a Fender Showmaster HH and a Takamine 12 string, both of which I play through a Fender FM 212R. I got the Showmaster by trading a 1980 Stratocaster that someone had brush-painted bright red (you could see the brush strokes everywhere) to a guy who really wanted it. He bought the Showmaster straight off the wall in a Guitar Center, took it outside the store, and we made the trade. I think we both felt as though we got the better deal. Funny thing is, I had gotten that guitar by trading another guitar somewhere down the line (and probably another before that).
I'm really happy with the sounds I get just using the foot switch on the amp, and the 12 string through the amp will blow you away. The only pedal I've ever really liked is a little MXR Distortion that I traded something or other for many moons ago. I have a Korg AXG multi-effects, and though it gets some interesting sounds, it seems to be more just a toy than anything. I am thinking seriously about getting a Line 6 Floor Pod Plus though. I have a Line 6 guitarport that I play through my PC that really makes me like the tones that line 6 has created.
Well, Ive rambled quite a bit here, I suppose. I only meant to introduce myself and say hello.(':D')

Posted : 01/04/2007 1:49 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Hi and welcome to GN.

Sounds like you have a couple of great instruments there.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 01/04/2007 5:14 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Guitarded! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/04/2007 5:46 pm
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome and go easy on us newbies 8)

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 01/04/2007 11:17 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi guitarded. Welcome to GN.

Posted : 02/04/2007 12:02 am
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

Welcome to the forum!!

Music is the universal language.

Posted : 02/04/2007 12:45 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the GN Forums!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 07/04/2007 5:42 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 07/04/2007 8:57 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Nice name, I like it.

Posted : 08/04/2007 3:23 pm