Clear all

Hello GuitarNoise

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@flatspin)
Topic starter

Hey there-

I've been lurking for several weeks and finally decided to register and post. This is a very cool site- informative and well run.

My story began 20+ years ago when I started learning for real (did have an earlier abortive attempt). I was largely self-taught, although I did take some classes. Then about 10 or so years back, I dropped out of it for the usual reasons: work/women/life-in-general.

Recently, a close friend decided that she wanted a guitar. She, like me, also used to play but dropped out of it for quite a few years. So off we went to our local GC. She got herself a shiny new guitar, and I got inspired to get back into it. When I took out my guitar, I was a bit worried that the neck would be all fouled up since I never slackened the strings. But lo and behold- it was fine and as playable as when I last played it (whenever that was).

So I'm playing again and glad to have found this site. Look forward to chatting with all you guitarists out there!

Posted : 03/01/2007 8:44 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back to the wonderful world of guitar! 8)

See you around. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/01/2007 8:50 pm
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome to the party :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 03/01/2007 9:00 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 03/01/2007 9:08 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome and enjoy!

Where from? I always like to see a poster's location, don't know why exactly! 8)

Posted : 03/01/2007 9:11 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome FlatSpin!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 03/01/2007 10:52 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, and welcome back to guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/01/2007 11:56 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, FlatSpin!! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/01/2007 3:00 pm
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Welcome :) And tell the friend to join up too :D

Posted : 04/01/2007 4:56 pm
(@flatspin)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

ColFenBen: I'm in NYC.

Eirraca: I told her about this site, and she too is impressed with it. She'll probably be making an appearance soon.

Posted : 04/01/2007 8:42 pm