Notifications
Clear all

Hello! I'm new from down-under!

22 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@queazie)
Topic starter

Hi all I am queazie, and I am from Australia (any aussies out there? hehe)! I started trying to play a guitar since 16, and I am still trying. Never had a teacher, just books haha, now I am almost 25 but I still regard myself as a beginner =)

It is interesting how I found this forum tho.

I had a stomach ache at work just then... so I was sitting on the toilet bowl, doing the You-Know-What... and thinking... hmm... maybe I should find a free way to improve my guitar... so I came back to my desk and googled "free guitar lesson" and woohoo I got the GN website and subsequently the forum!

I read a few posts and thought... hmm the people here are very helpful and friendly. So I joined up!

Nice to meet you all

Regards.. =)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:04 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the GN forums, queazie!

Sounds like you've found a new home.

Yes, we have a few Auzzie's running around here.

Welcome, Mate! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:07 am
(@queazie)
Topic starter

Oh, I thank you very much Bish-sir for the quick, kind and warm welcome! =)

I feel at home straight away when you greeted me with 'mate' =)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:17 am
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Welcome to GN, queazie!

You'll find a few other's from down-under around, as well as members from all over the world - that's what so great about GN :D

Happy playing

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:20 am
(@queazie)
Topic starter

Thank you Pete! Nice to meet you =) Is it bed time for you over there? I think you are still Thursday 2nd Aug right? I am your future! hehe! Friday is a beautiful day! no disasters all good - says the prophet from down under =)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:33 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Queazie and welcome to GN! Yep, there's a few of your fellow countrymen here, although, unlike your cricket team, they haven't achieved TOTAL dominance yet.....

I think you're about 10-12 hours ahead of us Brits, depending on time-zone....

One question - XXXX or Fosters?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:52 am
(@queazie)
Topic starter

Hey Vic! Thank you for the welcome! Speaking of the cricket! I was cheering on the English during the Ashes! I think the Aussies are getting a little too cocky for my liking. And actually Flintoff and Pieterson are the two of my fav players!

As for your question hahaha i prefer Victoria Bitter! hahaha but my fav are Stella and Guinness! haha

I checked out your site! You are an awesome guitar player and singer!!! Love your work! =)

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:05 am
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

Greetings from Adelaide. Whereabouts are you?

I do all my best thinking on the loo!

Regards,
Paul

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:15 am
(@queazie)
Topic starter

Hi Paul! I'm in melbourne =) nice and close to ya! I havent been to Adelaide yet, but certainly will! i heard it is almost like a mini melbourne! I'd love to see it for real real.

I agree with u, loo stimulates the mind, we should all spend more time on the loo haha.

I especially love pooing while at work, coz that's the only time you get paid for doing it! woohoo!

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:30 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Queazie! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 03/08/2007 2:12 am
(@queazie)
Topic starter

U r too kind elecktra! =) will certainly see you around =)
and by the way I support Houston Rockets! go T-mac & Yao! just in case u watch the NBA haha!

Posted : 03/08/2007 3:59 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Welcome to this nightmare!

I hope your going to like it,
I know your gonna feel right at home!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:26 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome !

Posted : 03/08/2007 2:57 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Welcome Queazie, you've found the right place for free lessons, and also some guitarist fellowship :)

Posted : 03/08/2007 5:06 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Queazie! :D

Welcome to the GN!

Posted : 03/08/2007 5:10 pm
Page 1 / 2