Clear all

Hello, I'm New Here :)

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@se7en)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello, I'm Se7en , I play Walden Acoustic D450Sn guitar, which I don't like very much :) and I want to get rid of it (lol) I've been browsing this place for about 2 months now , and I love Lessons from David Hodge. Thank you

I hope to find some help here... coz I'm a total begginer...
I've been trying to play "Wish You Were Here - Solo"

Peace and regards :D

Posted : 09/08/2006 2:01 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Welcome Se7en,

Keep it up.. don't quit! Just take things slowly and you'll soon be amazed with yourself.

If your like most of us, your learning will go in Fits and Spurts. There will be weeks when you learn a lot and can do a lot, then others where you don't learn anything. Its perfectly normal :)

Like my first guitar teacher said... Its better to play it Slow and Right, than Fast and Wrong.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 09/08/2006 2:05 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN!

Like Dags said, just take it easy and it will come. That "Wish You Were Here" riff and solo were some of the first things I learned on guitar.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 09/08/2006 2:15 pm
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Howdy, Se7en. Glad you choose to join us here! You came to the right place. I haven't found a nicer, more helpful group of guitar players (or people, in general) anywhere else on the internet. Everyone from fresh-out-of-the-box beginners to some time-tested experts (and those of us like myself, somewhere in the middle :smile:) Hope to see you around the forums!

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

Posted : 09/08/2006 2:25 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! :D 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/08/2006 2:27 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Se7en! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/08/2006 4:23 pm
(@se7en)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Jeez, Guys Thx alot, I've never expect such a warm welcome :D I love playing a guitar, and I'm NOT going to quit playing... (Thats the Spirit.) :D

It's just my fingers they're really hurt :(, sometimes I can't even play. I'd have to stop for a few days to give my fingers rest.

Regards

Posted : 10/08/2006 1:41 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Jeez, Guys Thx alot, I've never expect such a warm welcome :D I love playing a guitar, and I'm NOT going to quit playing... (Thats the Spirit.) :D

It's just my fingers they're really hurt :(, sometimes I can't even play. I'd have to stop for a few days to give my fingers rest.

Regards

That feeling will go away soon enough. I find that now, a year and a half in, my fretting fingers are so callused (sp?) that those tips don't really feel anything. I think it's hurt my typing some, actually!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 10/08/2006 1:52 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Regards

BAH, how did I miss the post. Well welcome to GN from me as well. As Banre said, the hurting does go away. Its not really a bad thing that you take some time off now and then. Although, its really tough and frustrating to put the baby down.

Anywho, welcome again.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 10/08/2006 2:07 pm