Clear all

Hey everyone

14 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@fibaz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey my name is Mike. I've been learning how to play for at least 5 years now. Been coming to GN for quite sometime. You guys have helped me out with a lot of questions I have had, through the forums, articles, and lessons. Now if I can just learn the most important thing- Not to put the guitar down.

See you guys around.

Mike

Posted : 31/03/2006 3:06 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Gee what a bad problem to have...lol.

Welcome to GN!

Glad you like the place.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/03/2006 3:14 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Hi Mike.

Welcome to the forums.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 31/03/2006 3:14 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Mike

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 31/03/2006 10:43 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN Mike!

Sometimes putting down your guitar isn't always a bad thing, you'll come back wanting to play it more.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 31/03/2006 3:58 pm
(@fibaz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone. And it may not be a bad thing to put it down, sometimes I put it down for so long I have to go back to basics. ::Sigh:: As the popular saying is around here, "practice practice practice."

Posted : 31/03/2006 4:01 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Mike, welcome to the board. I too sometimes have problems picking the guitar up, and I may go two or three days of just playing around with it, but I always get back in the groove soon enough. Don't feel compelled to play everyday, but when you do, try and make the most out of it.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 31/03/2006 8:27 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Mike! Pick it up and play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/04/2006 12:20 am
(@fibaz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone. Oh I pick it up and play it. Been doing pretty good about it lately. It just seems when I put it down I wouldn't pick it up for a few months at a time. heh this time I'm in it for life.

Take it easy.

Posted : 01/04/2006 1:19 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Thanks everyone. Oh I pick it up and play it. Been doing pretty good about it lately. It just seems when I put it down I wouldn't pick it up for a few months at a time. heh this time I'm in it for life.

Take it easy.

It's nice to hear that you are making a commitment to playing. Good luck!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 01/04/2006 5:17 pm
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Welcome

Posted : 08/04/2006 1:59 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

welcome to gn, hope you stick around 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 08/04/2006 8:29 pm
 Riff
(@riff)

Welcome Mike

I used to have the same problem. I wouldn't pick up the guitar for months. Now I play it all the time. I'm also learning music theory (self teaching). I have lots of books and software on the subject. They have helped tremendously.

__________________________________________________________________________________
By the time I was 30, I realized I didn't have any talent; but it was too late I was already famous."

- John Fogerty - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Posted : 24/04/2006 1:43 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 27/04/2006 10:43 am