Clear all

Hey Now! Hey Now! (Newb from Oregon)

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pdxjubal)
Topic starter

Another newb, here.
Nice to be here. Looks like a group of nice folks.
I searched and gleened, gleened and searched, and this definitely seems to be the kindest forum.

My name is Jay and I am posting from the grand state of Oregon.
I'm 42, act like I'm 22, and look like I'm 32. Ha!
Ok... maybe not the last one. I just turned 42 on the 15th so I'm in denial.

I play whatever strikes my ear. Typically that's a (post)rock/indie/sometimes country pickin' with a jazz shuffle thrown in for the sake of confusion. Also, I love improv. in a band setting. I've never created with other players online. That definitely interests me. I just love sharing ideas with people who are coming from different places. The best feeling I've ever had was playing in a band, truly listening to each other, adding ideas, no nets, in front of an audience of strangers.
What a beautiful buzz, right?

I became terribly ill in my late 30s. I didn't even think about music during that time. In the Spring of 2016, I had my first urge to pick up a guitar again. A friend dropped an old Boss GT-3 in my lap and said, "record songs!" I lost a lot of my memory when I was sick, including my playing. I've been relearning and practicing. It's been a pain in the arse.

Storage was not kind to my gear. :-( while relearning, piece by piece, it started breaking down. Learned how to solder for the first time, fixed my pedals and even some of my nicer cords, but when my amp went out, a solid state Peavey 212 Transformer, I couldn't fix it.

I found an old Vox AC30 on Craigslist. It had Alnico Blues installed! A guy was selling at a great price for such an amp, so I bought it, knowing I would be skipping many a 6 pack and even some meals as a result. LOL Hands down, the best amp I've ever owned. I've rebuilt my rig and I'm practicing daily. I'll be here often, but I promise to never again post something as long as this greeting. Geeez ... ;-)

Gibson Les Paul > Boss GE-7 EQ > Vox Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > Ibanez TS9 > Vox AC30> 8)

Posted : 21/01/2017 6:45 pm
(@bakedjedi)

Hey bud, just moved to Dallas Or from Ohio.

Posted : 21/01/2017 7:24 pm
(@pdxjubal)
Topic starter

Hey now!
I am also from the grand state of Ohio. Yellow Springs, to be exact. How do you do?

What are you getting into out here in OR?

Posted : 23/01/2017 7:24 pm
(@bakedjedi)

Legal weed and guitar brother! How crazy is this, I'm from Springfield: ) Yellow Springs is the only thing I miss from Ohio! I used to see Hookah at Peaches.

Posted : 25/01/2017 1:34 pm
(@lesspaul)
Trusted Member

Welcome back to the community! Don't sweat post length. I, for one, dig reading new stuff. :)

~Yours Troubadorly,
http://www.sergiopaulomusic.com

Posted : 26/01/2017 4:51 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the forum!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 24/02/2017 5:34 am