Clear all

Hi all

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Riff
(@riff)
Topic starter

Let's try this again. I posted my intro, but can't seem to find it now, so here it is again.

I started playing when I was 11 and I'm now 48. I made a huge mistake when I was 18 I joined the Airforce and put the guitar down and only played it off and on. I picked it back up in the last two years and have discovered how much I love playing. I now play in my Church and hope to either join a band or start my own.

I play an Aplause (electric/acoustic) in Church. I have a Fender acoustic from the 80's. I have a Stagg PRS style electric. It sounds and looks good for thte price that I paid for it. I plan on upgrading it with dual Seymour Duncan humbuckers and new Schafer or Goton tuning machines. I will use it as a backup. I recently purchased a Godin Freeway Classic, but I haven't received it yet....can't wait. It has a humbucker-single-humbucker setup and sounds great. Ii's made in Canada and assembled in the US.

I like Today's Country, Classic Rock, and have discovered that I like some of Today's Rock. I especially like NickelBack and the best band you never heard of called Copper. I like some of Altreyu's work as well.

I'm glad to be hear at GN and will be here as often as I can to share and learn from all of oyu.

Posted : 23/04/2006 11:00 pm
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

Welcome Riff!!!!!

I think you'll be able to learn a lot hear, and probally help other people.

Good luck!!!!!!

Posted : 23/04/2006 11:22 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL! Welcome to GuitarNoise, Riff! Yes, you did indeed post before and I even responded to it (as did several others)! GN just underwent a major server changeover and a few posts were lost in the process! Sorry that yours was one of them! But, hopefully, with the changeover complete, that shouldn't happen again any time soon! And, GN will be running much more smoothly now! To paraphrase Musenfreund..... Welcome to the Madhouse!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 23/04/2006 11:39 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 24/04/2006 10:26 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....