Clear all

Hi everybody!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@stargazer)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello there! Another guitar nut here although until recently I hadn't owned one for rather a long time. I played a lot in my youth, went through quite a few bands (we called them 'groups' in those days!) I never lost interest, but marriage, children, mortgage...well, I'm sure you've heard it all before.

So; kids grown up and left home, bit more space and money than we've been used to for a long time, and an itch in my fingertips - and I passed a second-hand guitar shop and stopped to look in the window - first mistake! The second was opening the door and going in! Actually, it took a couple of visits before I took the plunge. Eventually I walked out with a very nice instrument at a bargain price. It's made by Kawaii, which is a name I'd only seen previously on pianos. It's a double cutaway solid, profile a bit like a Gibson SG with a set neck, two humbuckers with coil taps and a dark wood body and neck and a blond top to the body. Since buying it I have seen two others, but they were both 'plank' type bodies like a LP junior - mine is a sculpted body like a ''proper' LP. That's the best way I can describe it. Oh, it also has a transparent scratchguard and a slotted headstock like a classical guitar.

I'm very pleased with it, and also with finding that I can still remember where my fingers should go; now I just have to get the fingers to obey orders! I used to play rhythm and blues - Cream, Yardbirds, stuff like that - but now that the Rolling Stones have turned into the Strolling Bones I'll probably find myself veering towards something different once I've regained some competence.

looking forward to reading...and learning...

Peace.

Posted : 21/03/2009 11:48 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN & welcome back to the guitar! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/03/2009 2:12 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/03/2009 4:37 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 01/04/2009 7:55 am
(@lethamer)

hello there!
This is my very first talk and show up here. I wish it will not be the last either. I wish laso that the hit and miss affair i had to go through beofre finding how to post a quote will not last for a long while. I have been playing guitar for a long while now am stuck. I was looking for how to play you and I by Scorpion but it does not yield itself to my disobedient fingers, to use part of your words lol, I would love and appriciate it if you share with me your experience. I am a Metallica fan I made it myself and could play NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, MAMA SAID despite some distortions as a leanr-in-the-street guitar player.

Posted : 21/04/2009 10:11 pm