Notifications
Clear all

Hi from Bournemouth, UK

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@philrogers)
Topic starter

Hi, my name is Phil and I live in Bournemouth on the south coast of England.
I'm married with 2 sons.

I had a few guitar lessons at school when I was about 12, but they were so boring that I gave up (and have regretted it ever since).
Since then I never really had any inclination to play the guitar until recently when I was listening to ZZ-Top playing Rough Boy. During those excellent guitar solos I suddenly realised that I was drifting off into hyperspace and I was hooked. I decided that if there's one thing I must do before I die, it's learn to play Rough Boy.

So, here I am, total beginner and aspiring to play like Billy Gibbons. But hey, why not set your sights high?

Actually, just playing anything well enough to get my sons interested in music would be good.
Interested mainly in rock and blues, but not exclusively.
Playing along to BTO's "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" would be good, just to give my brothers a laugh, especially as they have no idea that I want to learn to play.

I stumbled upon this forum by accident and couldn't believe what a valuable resource I had found. Hopefully I'll find a lot of help and encouragement along the way.

Posted : 08/05/2009 1:04 pm
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Hi Phil - I'm in Wool, on the way to Weymouth from you. Thought I'd say hi - can't be too many from Dorset arund here :D

Mike

Posted : 08/05/2009 4:35 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Phil! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/05/2009 4:38 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 08/05/2009 4:53 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hey cousin . . . (well, we COULD be cousins)
Welcome to GN.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/05/2009 5:15 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Phil! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/05/2009 10:30 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Gidday from The Colony!

God save the Queen!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 12/05/2009 9:23 am