Notifications
Clear all

Hi im new!

13 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@baby_gurl3317)
Topic starter

Hi everyone, my name is Amber, 22/f from Mississauga, Ont, Ca. Im here because I would like to learn how to play the electric guitar, I thought it may be helpful to get other peoples insights and approaches to learning strategies. I am currently a student, a hairstylist apprentice, a model, a mommy and a home keeper :D Aside from that I am also learning the polish language and also learning how to master the vinyl/cd turntables. Im a fun loving down to earth girl who is always looking to try and obtain new skills and to try new things in general. Music has always been a giant part of my life. My parents were always very musically oriented, my boyfriend is a dj... but generally i was always exposed to music. Hmm, what else to say.... this is something new i would like to learn throughout my busy schedule, I know it will take alot of time, practice and discipline to reach my goals. So give me a shout if you want to chat:P

Posted : 05/12/2006 6:32 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome, Amber! You have come to the right place if you are just starting on guitar. I suggest you frequent the "Beginner's" section of the board, and check out the beginner's lessons - they are top notch!

How do you find the time to do everything in the day?!? You certainly seem to have a packed schedule!

Good luck and hope to see you become a regular poster.

Posted : 05/12/2006 6:56 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Hi Amber! Welcome to us!

Seems like you have plenty of things to do. Playing for the kids has been win-win situation for me the last couple of years :-)

Remember to practice but don't forget to have fun along the way also!

see you around!

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 05/12/2006 7:01 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Amber! 8) Welcome aboard. Lots of good stuff on the home page & forums to help get you started. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/12/2006 7:55 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

hi and welcome

hope to see on the boards

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 06/12/2006 5:54 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 06/12/2006 8:26 am
(@baby_gurl3317)
Topic starter

thanks everyone:) :D

Posted : 06/12/2006 3:12 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome, Amber.

I'm sure you will gain a huge amount of knowledge by just reading what others post. This place is busting at the seams with good information and fun.

Have as much as you can take. :D

And you can always come back for seconds and thirds and fifths. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/12/2006 8:34 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And you can always come back for seconds and thirds and fifths.

Or 9ths, 7ths, sus4ths and 6ths.....

Welcome anyway!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 07/12/2006 12:11 am
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

Hi Amber

Finally a fellow Canadian! And we live in the same city! LOL Nice to meet you Amber. Just reading your post has me exhausted:)

Posted : 07/12/2006 3:00 am
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Welcome,

What a coincidence. I was just in Mississauga earlier this year on business. Beautiful area. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the water. Bad luck was the electricity went out early in the morning and I had to shower and shave in the dark. Over all a nice trip except for the drive through Toronto during rush hour.

I have also been to Poland a couple of time. Good luck with the language. It was very difficult for me to communicate with people. I think the slavic languages are a difficult leap from english. I do better sticking with the Latin based talk.

You came to the right place. Good luck and enjoy!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 07/12/2006 1:37 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Welcome Amber.

As my wise ol, yes 'OL Gee-tar teacher says...

Better to play it Slow and correct, than Fast and wrong!!!!!

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 07/12/2006 7:21 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome!

#4491....

Posted : 27/12/2006 12:20 pm