Clear all

HIYA

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@vainparasite)
Topic starter

Hello,
As a novice guitar wannabe Ive just joined this site for advice really. I have been playing on and off for a few years but arthritic hands make it hard to improve and sometimes impossible to play :cry:
The main reason me joining is my 12 year old son, he has been playing for nearly a year now and is already miles better than me, his teacher says he is as good as someone who has been playing for 4years or so.
He started playing as his illness (epilepsy/attaxia) had got worse and he had to stop playing football and needed something to do when he was resting and really took to it, usually practicing 3 to 5 hours a day :)

We have collected a few guitars over the last year but only 2nd hand cheapies so this Christmas I've bought him a Jim Root Telecaster for a little over £450 from ebay which i thought was a good deal as its mint and with original case :D
Now im after an amp to go with it and im looking at a Blackstar HT-5 combo. He has a line 6 spider 75 at the moment but pretty much anything you put through it sounds the same so i fancied a valve amp and these seem to get good reviews for the price. Also ive bought a Blackstar HT DistX to go with it.

He is into early GnR, Motorhead, Maiden and other classic rock/metal as well as Slipknot, Murderdolls, A7x and BFMV.

It may seem like he is getting spoiled this christmas but he really has had an awful year in and out of hospital and all he usually spends on is cd's and strings so doesn't really cost me a lot.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Martin.

Posted : 13/11/2010 10:12 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise. What a great story.

I'm not an amp expert and I'm sure as other read your story you will get help.

I would recommend reposting your question in one of the other areas where there will probably be more traffic and a faster response.

Enjoy the information provide on the side.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 15/11/2010 3:32 am