Hiya

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi all.

Found this forum while following links regarding OLGA, and the recent shutdown.

Started playing guitar when I was about 14, played all through high school, and then for a while in the Army. Then my guitar got pawned by my ex-wife while I was in Korea, and it sucked the life out of me. I didn't pick up a guitar again for a long time.

Then, a couple years ago, I won a local radio contest, which included a Fender Strat, 4 lessons, and 2 tickets to see Clapton. I played for a little bit, but quickly hit a wall, I only knew what I used to know, couldn't play it as well as I used to, and couldn't seem to just get past that, and I ended up putting it down again for about a year.

A couple months ago, I picked it back up, and suddenly it was easy to get past that wall, and I've really found myself again, musically. I'm still not very good, and my fingers are still re-learning what muscle memory they used to have, but I'm enjoying it again.

Not much gear at the moment, but saving up for a new amp. Then a new guitar...something with humbuckers. :D

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

Posted : 13/08/2006 2:56 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Lummoxx! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/08/2006 3:04 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! :D

ps. splatters rock!

Posted : 13/08/2006 4:57 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/08/2006 4:59 pm
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I couldn't decide which was worse...creating a brand new Meet & Greet thread for me, even though I already had one, or bumping my original one, after almost 2 years.

Finally, I just decided to bump my old one, say hi again, announce my return, and without going into a bunch of personal details nobody will remember after reading them, just get back to the Noise. :mrgreen:

I hope to be a valuable contributor...and barring that, I'll settle for not being a pain in the rear.

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

Posted : 25/02/2008 8:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome back! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/02/2008 8:29 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 26/02/2008 11:30 am
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Hello-welcome back 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 27/02/2008 11:19 pm