Clear all

Hola from Los Angeles

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@cuppajack)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Finally took the plunge and registered for GN after being an avid lurker on the forums for a couple of months... Love the vibe here and the lessons on the main site have been extremely helpful!

A little about me: I first picked up the guitar waaaaaaay back in High School. All my friends were learning instruments and we had great dreams of starting a band and scoring lots of chicks... Turned out that learning to play guitar was HARD! I switched to bass after about a year, then gave up on that after another year... I didn't have the patience in those days. But I've always felt bad about my failing to grasp the instrument and about 3 months ago I decided I would change that. I'm turning 30 in August and was honestly getting pretty freaked out about the whole thing. I had the blues, but didn't have the skills to let them out. I knew that future me would want to play the blues, and I decided to takes the steps to make sure that future me COULD play the blues. I fell in love with an Epiphone Les Paul, and got a Pocket POD and some instructional DVDs to go along with it.

Then I found the beginner lessons on GN and things started falling into place. It is really amazing to me the progress I have made, and I'm excited to play (even just my scales) every day. I feel like I'm apart of a cool 'club' now and the patience and perspective afforded to my older self has really made learning a joy. I also was laid-off from my job a few weeks after buying the guitar so time to practice and noodle has been ample! Plus unemployment stokes those blues fires burning in my belly!

Looking forward to participating in the community here, and wanted to say thanks to all the members who's posts have helped me get here!

Posted : 27/05/2008 5:23 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN! Nice Epi, I like the color, the gold really sets it off. :)

Posted : 27/05/2008 6:09 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN! nice LP

#4491....

Posted : 27/05/2008 9:43 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, CuppaJack! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/05/2008 10:00 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 28/05/2008 6:57 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi, Cuppajack, and welcome to GN!

Always good to hear someone's making progress and having fun in the process. Keep at it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/05/2008 12:06 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Sweet axe. Welcome aboard!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 29/05/2008 8:41 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Holla Back !

Posted : 31/05/2008 6:56 pm