Notifications
Clear all

Hoosier newbie...

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@big-flounder)
Topic starter

Hello from northeastern Indiana! New to the forums and just now starting to learn how to make noise on an acoustic guitar. I've always wanted to learn how to play, as I love the sound of a good acoustic guitar, but it took the suicide of a close family member two years ago to jolt me into seriously working on that bucket list. I checked a few other things off that list, but learning to play guitar always fell to the bottom of the list. My brother gave me a kick start when he was fed up with my excuses and bought me a Huntington acoustic this past Christmas. Yeah, a cheap $65 guitar, but it was enough to get me started or else who knows how much more I would have procrastinated. Work schedule has been crazy busy the first half of this year, but it's slowing down and I'm now going to start learning via this website, YouTube and other such free resources.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for having me. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can here!

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:55 am
(@andrewoxley)

Hey! Welcome to the forums - sounds like you have a really strong motivation to develop your guitar playing. What is the main aspect of your guitar playing that you are focusing on at the moment?

Professional guitar teacher based in Sheffield, UK - https://www.guitarlessonssheffield.com

Posted : 03/06/2018 5:18 pm
(@misterlutherman)
Eminent Member

Hi andrewoxley,

Welcome! I am new also. I am sorry to hear the death of your close relative. It sounds like you took the best from it though. I hope guitar playing brings you much happiness. I love playing the guitar myself; music is a deep part of me, of all of us, and when I play, I feel as if in another world of coincidental and structured movement, where craziness and order come together in a beautiful way.

I could also just say that I find music very good!

Anyways, I look forward to talking with you more.

Take it or leave it, the shadow is always there.
Holding your hand.
With a glass of ice cold lemonade in the other.
Listening to reggae music.
What more do you want?

Posted : 24/06/2018 7:25 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 03/07/2018 4:11 pm