Clear all

I Might be back

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hello again all. I have been absent for a time, due to a catastrophic marriage breakdown (not my call.....)and falling out of love with guitar while I attempted to get back in the saddle of life. Not quite sure I have yet yet, still not playing much but need friendly encouragement. Hello again!

Hope you all had a nice christmas. Anyone anything to report from the NW UK?

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 27/12/2008 8:41 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice to see you back. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/12/2008 8:43 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear about that, Ray. I notice you're a Warringtonian now, instead of a 'Wooder....

Not much happening round here of late, I haven't even seen Stu for months.....maybe next year we'll all get together and have a jam, eh?

Keep your chin up - and please tell me she didn't get Honey in the settlement?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 31/12/2008 7:38 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi Vic

No Honey is sat here in my flat in Sankey, right next to me as I type. She took just about everything else mind so I had to start from scratch while she remains in the house (granted, was hers to begin with though). Dont get me started in the 'bitter and hard done by' angle, its been a terrible xmas and new year thus far.

Dont know about jamming - I to all intents have forgotten how to play, sold my Vox AD30 and bass/bass amp as I needed help getting furniture and the laptop on which I am typing this. Its been a rough few months and I need to get playing again. I always wanted time to get into it and now, when each evening stretches before me with that time, I just cant be bothered.

Do I sound bitter? damn right............... :roll:

If she sends me a happy new year text while shes out in Liverpool p+ssing it up with the rest of her single and free mates, while Im sat in my flat babysitting our kids I'm going to go off the deep end.

Rant over. Happy New Year. Perhaps this is the springboard to a successful blues career.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 31/12/2008 8:17 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Do I sound bitter? darn right...............

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt....actually no I haven't, she took that as well.....never mind. Been through it several times, actually - you'd think it'd get easier with practise, wouldn't you?

Hope 2009 works out better for you, mate.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 31/12/2008 11:07 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Wow, bummer...
umm, welcome back!

#4491....

Posted : 07/01/2009 11:20 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 07/01/2009 9:59 pm