Clear all

I think I am in love with this site

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@lit671)
Topic starter

:mrgreen:

Hi everybody. I was online the other night looking for information on open D tuning, when I happened to stumble on this site. Lets just say for the last 2 or 3 days i have been looking through this site like a mad man. I am 25 and been playing guitar (well trying) off and on (mostly off) since i was 12. About a year ago a friend of mine found out I play and told me i should start jamming with him and some older guys who he sings with. I went and watched his buddies play some shows at local bars and tried to jam with them at a few after hours parties but i always seemed way out of place. Well fast forward to today, I recently went and bought a new guitar, and have been playing the guitar every chance i get. me and my buddy have done a couple acoustic shows that went alright ( i was way nervous)... As far as my musical ability it has grown tremendously over the last year.

The older guys (38+ yrs) who have been playing b4 i was born all comment on my timing and say they enjoy listening and playing with me. My problem is I hear and watch these guys play and just dont feel adequate. I know i shouldnt compare, but i play a song and then the next guy plays the same thing but it sounds soooo much better. They are just more experienced with theory and techniques and all that stuff that i am not yet. Guess what i am getting at is this site is teaching me all the little things to add to songs that make them better and more interesting to hear. We have done a cover of losing my religion, (i just didnt like it) i just learned the version on here and it sounds soo much better and i cant wait to practice this version with my buddy this week. ust excited to transfer what I can learn to this site to other songs we play or will play.

Also, about 2 wks ago we started the process of writing original material. This is a brand new area for me. The lyrical content is going smooth, writing the music is difficult. I have about 4 songs i have wrote that sound good, but now with all this ifnformation on this site i know i will be able to add so much more to these songs.

I look forward to meeting people on this site and getting feedback and tips and seeing/hearing my musical ability grow. Thanks again... (sorry so long)

Eddy

Posted : 30/11/2008 9:11 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Eddy!

#4491....

Posted : 30/11/2008 9:17 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Eddy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/11/2008 11:45 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Eddy! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/11/2008 3:09 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am in love too (infact been in love since 2005 and still going strong) !

Welcome to GN. Enjoy the 'Ride'. 8)

Posted : 30/11/2008 5:59 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I think you'll find once you are here, you will never leave, no matter how hard you try, so you better enjoy the stay, it's permanent. :D

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 03/12/2008 3:58 am