Notifications
Clear all

i'm new. (:

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joannefaith)
Topic starter

hiya, my name is joanne and i'm new to these forums. i'm not totally new to guitar, i attempted around a year ago and took lessons for a couple of months but my heart wasn't in it.

this time i want to put my heart into it, and succeed. i cannot afford to take lessons again, esp. in the case that i do give up, so if anyone has any recommendations of a website to start with then that would be great. until then i'll just be picking up what i can.

i want to play the guitar because i want to be able to make sounds that make my friends happy. :) i want to have an outlet that isn't just singing along to a song. i want to sing along to me.

Posted : 26/01/2009 10:18 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

...if anyone has any recommendations of a website to start with....

You're already found it, Joanne. try the easy songs for beginners link....plenty of good songs there to start with. Don't be discouraged if easy the easiest songs seem difficult to begin with - the first few weeks are all about building up finger strength and building up callouses, really. But those beginner's lessons ARE invaluable - they'll get you THINKING about what you're doing, not just strumming willy-nilly.

Most people start there - and a lot of them stick around. And hey, there's always plenty of people around to answer any questions you may have!

Good luck,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/01/2009 1:18 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!
Vic is right, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step and all that.
the lessons here are really well written, and the support that comes with it can't be beat.

#4491....

Posted : 27/01/2009 6:42 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Joanne! You've come to the right place. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/01/2009 10:50 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Joanne! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our women's forum, "The Other Side"!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/01/2009 9:02 pm