It's been a while

17 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hello everyone.

For those of you that don't recognize the name, which you shouldn't because it's new, it's OneWingedAngel. I left the forum about 9 months ago. I wish I could tell you what the reason was but it was 9 months ago and I don't remember what it was. I thought about coming back before but didn't have time. That job promotion I was trying to get before I left I ended up getting in September so it's been crazy.

Guitar wise, I've been taking lessons once a week since April or so. They've shot my playing ahead by leaps and bounds but my timing still sucks. I've since aquired an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe acoustic (which I love), an Epiphone Firebird (which I also love) and a Behringer Chorus pedal (which I also love.......as a doorstop). Pictures of the guitars available upon request.

For those of you that don't know me. I've been playing guitar for over 2 years. I'm into alternative rock such as Nirvana, Bush, Alice in Chains and Mother Love Bone. I'm also into metal as well.

Glad to see the forum didn't fall apart without me.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 22/01/2008 8:56 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Hey OWA, I thought it was quiet around here ;)

Welcome back, and congrats on getting the promotion!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/01/2008 8:58 pm
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

OWA aka GS

Great to see you back. Congratulations on the promotion. My teacher tells me my timing sucks also. As a matter of fact, he says the same thing about my chord changes, my string bends, and my vibrato.

I hope to see you posting in the Hear Here section soon. And yes, post some pictures of your gear as well.

/dwayne

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

Posted : 22/01/2008 9:30 pm
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

welcome back

Tim

Posted : 22/01/2008 9:43 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

OWA!!!
great to see ya back kiddo!

#4491....

Posted : 22/01/2008 9:44 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back. Still doing your impressive art work?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/01/2008 10:52 am
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Here is my gear as requested:

My Firebird

My Ovation

Still doing your impressive art work?

Of course

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 25/01/2008 8:17 pm
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Good to see you back. Doubtful you have any idea who I am, though. :lol:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 25/01/2008 10:24 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Very nice....as always, OW...er, I mean GS.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/01/2008 3:28 am
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Nice lookin' instruments GrungeSunset.

Great job on the art work too!!

Posted : 26/01/2008 3:17 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I just saw this post, welcome back OWA! :D

The new guitars look great! 8) Looking forward to hearing them too, so get recording! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 29/01/2008 2:12 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good to have you back!!! I DO like that Firebird...... :mrgreen:

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/01/2008 11:55 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome back!!!!

Great guitar collection. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 29/01/2008 1:22 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome back OWA. :) I think you had said you were leaving due to time issues.
Nice guitars and your artwork is great!

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 29/01/2008 7:16 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Hey! OWA ... it's you!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 08/03/2008 5:03 am
Page 1 / 2