Clear all

Just sayin' hello.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@daven)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I'm new to guitar bought my first one 3 weeks ago, but I used to play bass in a weekend wedding band. Lot's of polkas, waltzes, c&w, and 50's & 60's stuff. I learned to play bass because my brother inlaw needed a bass player and it turned into a 10 years gig. Anyway I never learned guitar, the band thing got old, sold of my amps, (kept my basses a Peavey T-20 I bought new and a Hofner 500-8/B I got used) and 17 years later decided I wanted to play again. So bought a bass practice amp and started playing some of those old remembered songs. Well, a few months later and it's just not enough, bass is great but ya need some guitar to go with it. I did some research online (nearest music store is 60 miles away) and ordered a JC-800 Acoustic-Electric from guitar imports for my birthday. I worried a bit about ordering online but when it arrived 3 weeks ago I had some friends who play check it out and they figured it to be a $400-$500 instrument so my $200 was well spent. Now it's daily practice and sore fingers!
So long for now
Dave

Posted : 03/03/2009 6:28 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

What a coincidence . . . someone was just asking about Polka music for guitars . . .
maybe you can share some info on that . . .

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43633

Welcome to GN

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 03/03/2009 11:10 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Dave! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/03/2009 11:17 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 04/03/2009 2:17 pm
(@daven)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

HMM, Twistedlefty? Left handed playing right handed? Sounds like me, left handed but started playing bass RH (no duelling guitar necks that way). So when I decided to learn guitar I took the advice another lefty got when he went to his first lesson his teacher told him both his hands were stupid so he might as well learn RH. I sometimes wonder if I might be faster finger picking bass LH but I can only afford so many toys so it'll have to wait.

Posted : 04/03/2009 3:57 pm