Clear all

MikeMc

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mikemc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well I did this about a week or so ago on a random thread, but since you guys went to all the trouble of creating the Meet and Greet thread........

Mike Mc, the Mc is for McCullough. I am married to a wonderful wife who has given me an equally wonderful daughter of 14 months. I live in Southern Maryland and work in the District of Columbia. I am 38 and I just started to learn how to play guitar in June 2005. Learning to play has been something that I have wanted to do since I was a kid. Over the years, I have convinced myself that I didn't have enough time, money, motivation or whatever to actually learn how to play. So last year, for my birthday my wife bought me a Fender Acoustic DG8 and here I am quietly trying to become the next Clapton.

I have been lurking about here at Guitar Noise for about four to five months. I discovered the site by accident while searching for information and loved what I found here. The lessons are well written, very helpful and a terrific supplement to my lessons. Unfortunately for you guys, the only thing I do here is suck up information. I don't have much to offer anyone else in the knowledge and experience categories. Perhaps I should change my log in name to Leech.

I only have the one guitar. Open chords I know well: A, Am, Am7, A7, C, Cmaj7, D, Dsus2, Dsus4, D7, E, Em, F, Fmaj7, F#, G and G7. Barre chords: from F on up. Depending on the tempo of the song I can change chords between all of the above pretty easily. Fast tempo songs are sometimes a bit sloppy, but I'm improving. The fist few songs that I learned I have begun to sing along with what I am playing. (Waiting on a Sunny Day - B.Springsteen and The Unicorn Song - Irish Rovers) The latter is for my daughter. Learning to sing along with what I'm playing was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Musical influences: Springsteen, Clapton, S.R.V., CSN, Led Zeppelin, Thorogood and basically anything rock/blues related.

I'd be very happy if I could learn to play well enough to entertain some family and friends. Especially my daughter.

Posted : 04/01/2006 11:58 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN MikeMc.

Stick around, get as much out of GN as you can and before long you will be providing input. Just join in and enjoy.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 05/01/2006 1:04 am