Notifications
Clear all

My Intro. Ciao.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pmete)
Topic starter

Hi, I am A bass player and guitar player in NYC. I started playing acoustic guitar at 13 and Bass at 17yrs. I spent 5 days a week studying bass well after 12:00 and vibrating the poor hard working fellow upstairs' bedroom. At 18 I played bass and sang lead for a band that was part power trio, playing a lot of Creem and Hendrix. REM, Tom Petty, Nirvana, the Who and INXS. We gigged almost every Fri and Saturday in Queens and Manhattan. We managed a following by promoting music and drink specials at NY coleges. Then, our drummer got married and he couldn't "come out and play" anymore. I studied at The New School's Guitar Study Center for years. I am thankful for my formal lessons. I can read. Wow is that a dying art. I never use a pick to play bass, either. I studied and approached the instrument in ways I would never have done, otherwise. "Slap It" was my nemesis and Mt. Everest. In recent years, I play a lot more acoustic and electric guitar. I'm currently playing lead guitar and providing. backing vocals in a Smiths/Morrissey Tribute. I do solo acoustic stuff in The East Village and Williamsburg and hate the term Indie. I don't know what genre Indie is now. New Order, Arcadia Fire are Indie right? It's a label to me. You can bet a band That describes themselves as Indie probably need to wash their oily hair. Hi everybody!

Posted : 08/03/2011 6:26 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, PMete.

Feel free to post a link to any videos of you or or your group.
Would like to hear and see that.

There's a forum here for that.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/03/2011 10:36 pm
(@pmete)
Topic starter

Thank-you. I appreciate the welcome.
Peter

Posted : 09/03/2011 11:42 pm