Skip to content
My name is Freetime...

Notifications
Clear all

My name is Freetime and I have a confession. You CAN'T tell!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@freetime)
Topic starter

The language I chose was "British English" but here's the kicker: I actually speak American English. We speak normal over here. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Toodles

:o :( :) :D :? :shock: :o :( :) :P :oops: :P

Posted : 30/01/2009 9:42 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL, welcome to GN! I too have a confession - well not so much a confession, more a concession. I write in English English - but I speak Lancashire English. I've yet to meet anyone who lives more than 15 miles away from me who can understand a word I speak.... it's t'way ah lernt fer't talk when ah wuz braht oop. So, sithee rah'nd forums, an't best o'luck wi't guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/02/2009 12:57 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

LOL, welcome to GN! I too have a confession - well not so much a confession, more a concession. I write in English English - but I speak Lancashire English. I've yet to meet anyone who lives more than 15 miles away from me who can understand a word I speak.... it's t'way ah lernt fer't talk when ah wuz braht oop. So, sithee rah'nd forums, an't best o'luck wi't guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

But like all good Mersey musicians, you sing with an American accent!

Posted : 04/02/2009 2:47 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

A few days back John Oliver was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and Jon Stewart, (American), was poking fun at John Oliver's English accent when John Oliver quips; "We ,(the English), invented words, we'll tell you how to pronounce them"! :lol: :wink:

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/02/2009 11:05 am
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I'm from the USA. I had a lot of fun working with British musicians on a cruise ship.

One person in particular used to tease us about the way we "mispronounce" words - half good natured - have critical. So one day I told him, why should we believe you know how to pronounce them correctly?

He of course said that the Brits invented the words.

I then asked him how in the heck did you ever get the word spelled Leicester to be pronounced exactly like the name Lester?

Which initiated even more good natured teasing, but that's another story.

Welcome to the board, and it really doesn't matter here how the words are pronounced. You can pronounce the words I'm typing any way you like, it's OK with me ;)

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Posted : 04/02/2009 3:26 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

One of the things I like about this forum is I have friends all over the world. Now THAT is cool. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 07/02/2009 1:51 pm