Clear all

New here, just saying hi.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rustedstrings)
Topic starter

Hey everyone!

First post here at guitar noise, figured I'd say hi. I came over here because a friend from another guitar forum said this was the place to be. :D

My name is Matt, I'm 30 years old and I picked up a guitar around the begining of May, 2009, so coming up on two years. I mainly just play acoustic but, I have an electric that I almost never play unless it's to practice silently.

As for my "style"....It's not very "stylish" yet...it's moreso "out of style" or just plain bad but, I mostly play country. :lol: However, oddly enough, I really enjoy a very wide variety of stuff, from Blink 182 to Johnny Cash and Third Eye Blind to John Denver. I even love the Coasters, Sarah Mclachlan and Neil Young. Some of my favorite current country acts are Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, George Strait and Brad Paisley.

Non-music related, I love to hunt and fish and also own an archery/outdoor store, so that's my other passion.

Looking forward to progressing on the guitar and helping out with anything I can.

Have a good one. ---Matt

Posted : 01/03/2011 8:42 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Matt.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 02/03/2011 2:21 am
(@rustedstrings)
Topic starter

Thanks. Seems like a pretty great place! :D

Posted : 02/03/2011 1:05 pm
(@rustedstrings)
Topic starter

Oh and maybe someone can help answer this for me, I didn't see the info anywhere...

How long do I have to be a member or how many posts until my posts don't need to be approved by a moderator?
Thanks. ---Matt

Posted : 02/03/2011 1:07 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I thought that it was 5 posts before you were free but I'm not sure.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 02/03/2011 8:12 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Glad you found your way here Matty!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 04/03/2011 6:29 pm