Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@riff-master)
Topic starter

Hi all, New to the forum. I'm 38 and I've been playing for 4 years. I own a Fender American Strat (since modified). Still enjoy learning and need to practice more. I also own a Takamine acoustic and a Kramer. I don't play well but I love guitars. Got tired of the factory installed white pickguard and decided to go with a custom until I saw the prices so I made my own. I have since refined it such that a player can change the the pickguard without removing electronics or the strings. It's fast & easy. I joined the forum to develop a grass roots effort to market the idea. Tell me what you think good or bad. Thanks in advance and I look forward to the future with guitarnoise.com

William Hartill

Posted : 24/07/2008 2:27 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN, William. :)
Sounds like an interesting idea. Do you have any pictures?

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 24/07/2008 12:58 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 24/07/2008 1:55 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy William!
Nice idea. Would love to see some pics.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 24/07/2008 2:26 pm
(@riff-master)
Topic starter

Sure, I've got some pictures that I can post. I also have a demonstration that shows the installation at www.riff-master.com

Thank you for your replies and I'm excited to be in the forum as I continue to advance as a guitar player.

Posted : 24/07/2008 3:17 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi William, and welcome to GN! Saw the pics earlier - there was a link somewhere else. You thinking of doing Telecaster pickguards in the foreseeable future?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 24/07/2008 10:36 pm
(@riff-master)
Topic starter

Thanks Vic,

Yes, we can make the tele style now, but we just haven't put them on the site. We are licensing some work from your neck of the woods. We are working with Alchemy England. They've got great stuff.

Posted : 24/07/2008 11:52 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/07/2008 10:04 pm