Clear all

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@maddog)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everybody
I found this site a few weeks ago and it's one of the best sites I've seen. I just wanted to say hi to everybody. I'm 45 years old and have been playing guitar for about 2 years. I'm not very good but I enjoy it immensely. I've always loved music and 2 Christmas's ago my son bought me a acoustic guitar and tuner and away Ive gone. I kind of get lost not knowing exactly what or how to practice. I like mostly rock. All kinds from old 50's and on up to now. I love the older Beatles stuff and Neil Young and Pink Floyd with Roger Waters and John Lennon being my two favorite songwriters and musicians. I like all eras of music.I do have an electric guitar now, but I do not get to play it as often as I should. Anyway I just wanted to say hello and say that I'm looking forward to being a participating member. I know I can learn many things from the community and the site and hopefully I can contribute as well.

see you soon,
Malcolm

Posted : 24/07/2008 3:44 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

another dog for our kennel!
Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 24/07/2008 3:56 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN, Malcolm. :)
Hope you find the forums as great as the rest of the site. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 24/07/2008 6:04 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Malcolm! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 24/07/2008 7:40 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy and welcome to GN.
Sounds like you are in good company. Most pepole start out the same way! So you'll fit right in!!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 24/07/2008 7:41 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Malcolm, and welcome to GN! Strange co-incidence - a new member called "Cat" joins one day, and a mad dog the next...hmmm....

Seriously, welcome to the ever-growing horde of 40+'ers who've either just taken up guitar for the first time, or come back to it after many years away - there's a lot of us about!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 24/07/2008 10:30 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/07/2008 10:03 pm