Clear all

new to the board,, and guitars

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@slickschoppers)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello, I am a network admin, and motorcycle nut.... and now I'm working on learning guitar. my left hand hurts like crazy right now from practicing in the first two days. that E chord is killing me.

so anyway, I'm learning via DVD instruction and looking for a REAL teacher which won't be too hard.

I'm starting with the scales and basic struming for familiarization... does this sound right to you guys?

I've already aquired most of the stuff from the list on this site that you guys recommended beginner guitar players to get.

well,,, I don't have any specific questions because you guys have aleady answered the few I had (the search tool works great).... So thanks in advance for the stupid questions I'll ask later.

Posted : 19/11/2007 3:34 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Alright! Another rider. Welcome to GN.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/11/2007 6:00 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome Slick!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 19/11/2007 8:32 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard! The E chord hurts? Try barred B Minor!
Anyway, enjoy your stay!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 19/11/2007 11:43 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, and thanx for using the search tool (i wish more did)

#4491....

Posted : 19/11/2007 12:47 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/11/2007 3:08 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/11/2007 10:37 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!
Don't ride anymore, but i once rode a my Norton 1517 miles from KC to LA in 3 days

#4491....

Posted : 21/11/2007 11:14 am
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Hey!

Nice to have ya here. The group here is great, they'll answer any questions you have.

And I have to ask, what do you ride now?

In my garage right now there's an 86 Honda XR100R, a mid-90's Yamaha PW80 kid's dirtbike, an 86 Honda XL185 dual purpose and an 83 GL1100 Wing:D

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 23/11/2007 12:30 am