Clear all

New to the forum - sayin' hello.

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@telemarker)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I just joined up, and thought I'd say hi. I've been playing guitar for about 20 years now. I play country/rock on a PRS Custom 24 (my next guitar will be a tele) through a Blues JR that I'm getting ready to do some mods on. I teach guitar and just started a website selling guitar strings and accessories (I just posted an announcement over in Unabashed site or product promotion). I'm in a local (Sonoma County, CA) band called Right Turn Clyde, you can hear some of our stuff on socolive.com

Posted : 20/03/2006 10:16 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN.. Its wonderful to get experienced people like yourself as well as newbies like me here. Loads of perspectives.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 20/03/2006 10:31 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 20/03/2006 10:41 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Hello and welcome to GN. Enjoy your stay.

Rod.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 20/03/2006 11:11 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Telemarker! We'll be looking forward to your participation on the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/03/2006 11:54 pm
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

telemarker,

Duuuuddee! 8) Hey from another Northern Californian, we're practically neighbors, in a World perspective. Listened to your music samples and although I'm not big on country, I did enjoy the bluegrass stylings on "If Wishes Were Horses". I just got the "O Sister!" bluegrass collection and Claire Lynch covers that tune on the CD. Let me know if "Clyde" ever comes over to Napa or Sonoma and I'll come listen in.

Later,
Dave

Posted : 21/03/2006 2:10 am
(@telemarker)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Dewd, you're almost close enough to hear us practice!

I think Elaine, the woman singing on 'If Wishes Were Horses' first heard of that song on the O Sister album as well. We're going to be playing the Black Bart Festival in Cloverdale on May 13th, but that's a bit of a haul from Napa. I will definitely let you know if we ever play out your way. :mrgreen:

Posted : 21/03/2006 3:17 am