Clear all

New to the Forums

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@relax)
Topic starter

Hey Guys

I'm 26 years old. I live in Ireland. I've been playing the guitar for nearly 15 years now. I have a deep passion for the instrument and music in general. I recently decided to push myself further on the instrument so that I could one day make a living off it. In fact, I abandoned my old career path in order enroll in a music school! :D

Anyway, even though I've been playing for over half my life I know there's so much more I could be doing in order to improve. So I guess I'm just looking for a good environment/community to pursue my goals in!

I also play bass guitar, piano and sing and have been involved in different bands and musical productions over the course of my life. However, I remain a guitarist at heart as it is by far my greatest strength.

My idols are Jimmy Page, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert and Kaki King, to name a few. I enjoy almost all styles of guitar from pop/rock/metal/classical to the electric virtuoso/percussive fingerstyle. I also have an interest in guitar music for other visual media such as films/videogames/anime.

On good days, I practice maybe 3 hours a day although I'd like to increase that number. I also have a soundcloud account that I update every now and again for whatever I'm working on, maybe I'll share it later on.

Oh, guitars! My pride and joy is a 96 Mexican Strat with Floyd Rose II System and a Dimarzio Bridge-Humbucker. In general though, I LOATHE strats for their noisy pick-ups and dodgey tremolo systems! Maybe that isn't a popular opinion around here but there it is. :P I also possess a decent Samick Acoustic and a HEAVILY damaged Classical guitar of unknown origin (recently rescued from abandonment and restrung by yours truly).

I'm not sure what else to say here. I hope to share what knowledge/experience that I have if can help others and hope that the same can be done for me! Happy playing everyone.

Posted : 21/02/2015 4:02 am