Notifications
Clear all

New User post!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@takdun)
Topic starter

Been crusin the forums for awhile now and figured I'd sign up.

After years of playing air guitar I figured it was time to step up and get the real thing. I've only been playing since mid may but I'm have a lot of fun.

After trying to guitar starter packs I found those too cheap for me, I then moved up to a Ibanez GAX70 for awhile I decided to trade that in for a Epiphone Les Paul Classic and haven't looked back. I really want to get the Gibson Swamp Ash Les Paul, something abut that sucker really calls me. Thanks to Guitar Center having a sweet return policy. :) I'm also playing a on a little Crate amp, which I really happen to like.

I'm teaching myself how to read music and having a lot of fun doing that. I have been working through various guitar books. The one I've found to be the best (for me at least) is the Hal Leonard Guitar Method Complete Edition.

Currently, I'm also trying to play Redemption Song and Stir it Up by Bob Marley.

Hopefully, I'll be able to add something to these forums but I doubt it as I'm really not much of a poster. :)

So, greetings from Portland, Oregon.

-Dan

Posted : 16/08/2006 5:26 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hey Dan. Welcome to GN.

There is more information here than one person should be allowed to have access to but it's here and you should use it if needed.

The Easy Songs area is a great way to get started. You can post your accomplishments in Hear Here. Listen to others there, also.

Enjoy your stay! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 16/08/2006 6:29 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. I been looking at that Epi Les Paul myself. Might add it to the stack of guitars I always want.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 16/08/2006 9:32 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Dan! 8)

Hope to see you around the boards. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/08/2006 11:03 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Dan! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/08/2006 2:38 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Welcome. If you get a LP before I do, I'm gonna have to hurt you! :D J/k - I'll at least be depressed :cry:

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 16/08/2006 8:30 pm