Newbie, and proud!

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maelendiir)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello all!

I figure I might as well make my first post on this forum an introductory one. Because I'm sure you all care. Ahem...

My name's Ash, I'm 22 years old from Derbyshire, UK.

I first found this site, oh, 2 weeks ago (the same amount of time I've been practicing the guitar, unfortunately) and have found it immensely helpful. I'm really baffled as to just how good it is, considering it's run, I understand, for free by people with real jobs. Thank you guys! :D

I basically bought my guitar (Epiphone SG) a couple of years ago, tried learning, got frustrated, put it in the back of my wardrobe. End of story.

However, I had a recent clear-out and found it again, and thought "why not?". Well, I'm amazed (and pleased, obviously) over my progress in the past few weeks using the lessons on Guitar Noise, and most importantly I'm actually enjoying myself learning! I wish I'd learn *faster* of course, but I'm not stressing over it anymore. Spending currently 2 hours per night on the guitar, and still loving it.

So there we are - I'll hopefully be around these forums quite often. To pick up advice of course, there's not much I can offer!

And just to thank everyone for creating / helping to keep a site with such a wealth of information up and running!

Ash

Posted : 18/08/2009 6:50 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Ash! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/08/2009 11:02 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Well, I haven't done anything, but welcome you! Join in, jabber and jam.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 20/08/2009 1:11 am
(@maelendiir)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Cheers guys :) I look forward to learning from everyone here, and hopefully in future being able to offer advice myself!

Ash

Posted : 20/08/2009 4:08 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 24/08/2009 6:40 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 24/08/2009 2:49 pm