Notifications
Clear all

Novice Saying Hello!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@kimrim)
Topic starter

Hello, my name is Kim. This is my first time on the forum so I wanted to say Hi! I'm a 49 year old shop owner from Maine in the States. I by no means have one foot already in the grave but I'm certainly no spring chicken. As I'm staring down the barrel at 50, I thought it probably a good time to start looking at some of the things I've always wanted to do and start doing them before I get even older. Over the last 6 months, I've started to learn guitar via tutorials and with a little help from my nephew. I've made ok progress considering I've never picked one up before. My father was a great organist so there is music in the blood I suppose, I've just always been a listener when it comes to instruments, not a player. I do like a sing-song and my voice isn't too bad if I do say so myself. So I'm working hard at it, enjoying the new hobby, just after tips on how to improve and its good to talk with other musicians for advice. It looks like there's a lot of people on here in a similar boat to myself, learning the instrument late, so that's good to know.

Posted : 10/03/2016 10:00 am