Ohioan Bassist

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hello

Ive been registered here for a while now but i never introduced myself (much less posted) to the forum, so i thought id do it now. I am the bassist for a small group in northwest Ohio in a small town, which is legally still listed as a village, named Oak Harbor. The group im in is currently shuffling around as to what the official name should be, but we've been together for over a year now and its about time. since im introducing myself, i wont touch on the band much in this post.

Im in my sophmore year in high school, in oak harbor which is in the relative area of toledo, port clinton, and detroit even, right up on the lake. i live on 12 acres of farm land and yet still somehow have broadband. my second love is computers, my first is music (not taking in consideration family, friends, and religious beliefs). i play an Indiana Guitar company P-bass in sunburst, an indiana scout (acoustic). i also play a bit of electric and mandolin (rover RM-25S). i run my bass through a Randall RB-125-115 made in 1987, with a 15" eminence speaker in it (the jaguar was blown by the previous owner, who had his brain cells fried from drugs im assuming), and i love the sound i get from it. i also have a smaller Quantum BK25 of which i have no idea of its history, it has a 12" speaker in it. along with being in the band, i am a solo artist in my free time and have yet to upload the majority of my work..

my main thing to play for fun right at the moment is marcus miller. in case you havent figured it out yet, im not much of a fan of bass lines like ACDC's, or some of van halens songs.. its got to be inspired. :)

not sure if im forgetting anything, but that should be it.

Derek.

bassist for the crux
Randall RB-125-115 120 watt 15" eminence spk.
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

Posted : 04/12/2010 1:49 pm
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

my main thing to play for fun right at the moment is marcus miller.

Excellent taste, Derek!

We need more bass players on these forums IMO. Welcome!

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 09/12/2010 10:47 pm